Master of Arts in Education — Gifted Education
EKU’s online master of arts in education degree with gifted education focus emphasizes gifted education best practices and promotes knowledge, awareness, and understanding of the unique needs of gifted students. Educators leave our program prepared to serve as gifted education advocates and to help gifted students to reach their full potential.
Format: 100% online
Enhance your degree with a certificate
Students can choose from numerous graduate certificates in specialty areas that complement and enhance your content area as you are work toward your degree.
What sets our program apart?
EKU is dedicated to preparing the highest quality educators and related professionals for Kentucky and beyond. EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through course topics such as content, effective pedagogical skills, and dispositions that foster life-long growth and learning.
- 8-week terms
- Personalized graduation plans
- Study any time, from anywhere
- No campus visits required
- Core curriculum focused on training teachers as leaders while gaining expertise in a selected area
- Assignments and action research that build critical thinking skills
- Individualized attention and support from dedicated faculty and staff
- Programs are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and The Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
- Graduates of the MAEd programs who hold teacher certification in Kentucky will be eligible to apply for certification and/or endorsement depending upon the degree program they select, including the Kentucky Teacher Leader Endorsement
- Ranked by U.S. News among the best universities offering online degrees
Why choose EKU?
EKU is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar university that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran-friendly campuses.