Specialist in Education (EdS) - Applying
Admission to the specialist in education degree program includes the following requirements, beyond a master’s degree.
- Documentation of three (3) years teaching experience.
- Provision of a one-page statement indicating their professional objectives and desire to become a principal.
- Provision of a written statement of support from a district representative.
- Provision of a written statement indicating ability to improve student achievement, to lead, and to possess advanced knowledge of curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- Principals provide a written statement indicating candidate’s level of advanced knowledge about curriculum instruction and assessment.
To start your application, complete the EKU Graduate School’s online application form.
If you have questions or would like specific details about the items listed above, contact a program advisor at 859-622-8610.