Special Education— Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education
EKU’s 100% online Master of Arts in Education — Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education degree promotes the knowledge and skill sets needed to advance the quality of services and educational programs for students with disabilities. Our advanced study option prepares individuals to work as leaders in early childhood settings, including state and local level organizations providing professional development and support to early childhood teachers. The additional certification option allows individuals to add the Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education teaching certification while also adding the Teacher Leader Endorsement.
- Teacher Leader Track with Advanced Study
- Teacher Leader Track with Additional Certification in IECE
Students pursuing the advanced study option must hold certification in their area of advanced study. Program graduates certified in Kentucky will be eligible to apply for the Kentucky Teacher Leader Endorsement and advancement in Rank.
NOTE: If you do not hold teacher certification in Kentucky, please consult with your state’s licensing agency to determine whether our program will meet your state’s licensure requirements.
View the online master’s degree program
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 overall or 3.25 in the last 60 hours completed OR
- GRE scores of 150 Verbal and 140 Quantitative OR
- MAT score of 389
- Additional admission requirement to the Advanced Study option is provisional teaching certification in IECE. Additional admission requirement to the Additional Certification option is KY provisional teaching certification in P-5, 5-9, or Secondary for classroom teachers.