Special Education— Deaf and Hard of Hearing
EKU’s 100% online Master of Arts in Education — Deaf and Hard of Hearing promotes the knowledge and skill sets needed to advance the quality of services and educational programs for students who are deaf or hard of hearing. Our program focuses on best practices and prepares educators to meet the linguistic, social and cognitive needs of students who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Master of Arts in Education adding certification in Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Additional certification in Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Students pursuing this option must hold a KY Provisional Teaching Certificate. Program graduates certified in Kentucky will be eligible to apply for the Kentucky Teacher Leader Endorsement and advancement in Rank.
NOTE: If you do not hold teacher certification in Kentucky, please consult with your state’s licensing agency to determine whether our program will meet your state’s licensure requirements.
View the online master’s degree program
- Prospective graduate students must meet the admission requirements of the Graduate School.
- Candidates without prior graduate coursework must either have earned an overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher (or a GPA of 3.25 or higher in their last 60 hours) or they must submit either GRE or MAT scores.
- Candidates must have a valid state teaching certification.