Master of Arts in Education — Middle Grades Education
EKU’s online master of arts in education degree with middle grades focus is designed to help teachers certified to teach in middle schools (5-9) improve their professional skills, expand their subject knowledge, and increase their understanding of the intellectual, philosophical and cultural foundations of effective education. Educators leave our program prepared to enhance the middle grade learning experience and help students to reach their full potential.
Format: 100% online
Credit Hours: 30 hours
2017-2018 Tuition: $510 per credit hour
Transfer Credits Accepted: 9 hours
Career Options: Gifted education teacher; gifted coordinator (P-12); teacher in elementary, middle or high schools; specialist or coach(P-12); teacher leader educator
Notes: If you do not hold teacher certification in Kentucky, please consult with your state’s licensing agency to determine whether our program will meet your state’s licensure requirements.
Students pursuing this option must hold certification in their area of advanced study. Program graduates certified in Kentucky will be eligible to apply for the Kentucky Teacher Leader Endorsement and advancement in Rank.
Enhance your degree with a certificate
Students can choose from numerous graduate certificates in specialty areas that complement and enhance your content area as you are work toward your degree.
What sets our program apart?
EKU is dedicated to preparing the highest quality educators and related professionals for Kentucky and beyond. EKU’s curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through course topics such as content, effective pedagogical skills, and dispositions that foster life-long growth and learning.
- 8-week terms
- Personalized graduation plans
- Study any time, from anywhere
- No campus visits required
- Core curriculum focused on training teachers as leaders while gaining expertise in a selected area
- Assignments and action research that build critical thinking skills
- Individualized attention and support from dedicated faculty and staff
- Programs are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and The Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
- Graduates of the MAEd programs who hold teacher certification in Kentucky will be eligible to apply for certification and/or endorsement depending upon the degree program they select, including the Kentucky Teacher Leader Endorsement
- Ranked by U.S. News among the best universities offering online degrees
Why choose EKU?
EKU is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar university that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors