Master of Arts in Education — Instructional Leadership
EKU’s 100% online Master of Arts in Education — Instructional Leadership degree is designed to help teachers learn the proficiency knowledge base needed to later pursue a school principal master’s degree. The program offers two teacher leader degree options, and challenges you to view yourself as a powerful, effective change agent, while allowing you to strengthen your current certification area or add endorsements in other areas.
- Instructional Leadership, Teacher Leadership for Student Learning
Program graduates certified in Kentucky will be eligible to apply for:
- Kentucky Teacher Leader Endorsement
- Advancement in Rank
Students pursuing these option must hold certification in their area of advanced study.
NOTE: If you do not hold teacher certification in Kentucky, please consult with your state’s licensing agency to determine whether our program will meet your state’s licensure requirements.
View the online master’s degree program
- Prospective graduate students must meet the admissions requirements of the Graduate School.
- Candidates without prior graduate coursework must either have earned an overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher (or a GPA of 3.25 or higher in their last 60 hours) or they must submit either GRE or MAT scores.
- Candidates must have a valid state teaching certification.