MAEd. Special Education- IECE Curriculum
Teacher Leader Core (15 hours)
- ETL 800 Leadership Skills for Teachers
- ETL 801 Leading Achievement Change
- ETL 803 Curriculum for Teacher Leaders
- ETL 805
- ETL 806
Special Education- IECE Component (15 hours)
- SED 801 Advanced Early Childhood Assessment
- SED 802 Advanced Early Childhood Intervention Programming
- SED 805 Roles of Special Educators
- SED 810 Special Education Statutes, Regulations, and Case Law
- one advisor-approved elective
Exit Requirement (0 hours)
Comprehensive written exam
Total Program Requirements: 30 hours
SED 801 Advanced Early Childhood Assessment.
(3) A. Identiﬁcation and diagnostic procedures of development delay and at-risk conditions in infants, toddlers, and preschoolers. Continuous assessment of children’s developmental, instructional, behavioral, and environmental needs; evaluation of effectiveness of services and family involvement.
SED 805 Roles of Special Educators.
(3) A. Prerequisite: certiﬁcation in special education or department chair approval.
Focuses on roles of special educators in alternative settings, utilizing related services, and working with parents. Emphasis on interpersonal relationships and professional development.
SED 810 Special Education Statutes, Regulations, and Case Law.
(3) A. A study of the administrative responsibilities of special education leadership with emphasis on the understanding of the ﬁeld of special education, related federal and state laws, administrative regulations, instructional arrangements, grant writing and budget.