Curriculum and Instruction
The department of curriculum and instruction is responsible for program advisement and development in elementary education, middle grades education, gifted education, literacy, secondary education, and library science. Programs of study may lead to the Master of Arts in Education degree, Rank II, Rank I, endorsements and certifications. At this time, EKU Online offers options in all areas except secondary education.
- Master of Arts in Education — Elementary Education*
- Master of Arts in Education — School Media Librarian*
- Master of Arts in Education — Gifted Education
- Masters of Arts in Education — Middle Grades Education*
- Master of Arts in Education — Literacy P-12*
- Master of Arts in Teaching
Other Program Options
Endorsement preparation programs do not lead to a degree or to EKU-awarded recognition. They prepare the student, upon recommendation from EKU, for professional endorsement by the Commonwealth of Kentucky Education Professional Standards Board (EPSB). In some cases, the endorsement may be earned as part of a degree program.
- Rank I — School Media Librarian*
- School Media Librarianship Certification Preparation Program*
- Gifted Education Endorsement*
- Literacy Endorsement*
*Coursework is 100% online, but clinical and practicum hours are not.
If you do not hold teacher certification in Kentucky, please consult with your state’s licensing agency to determine whether our program will meet your state’s licensure requirements.